The holidays are great for a lot of businesses. As people make their lists, and check them twice, errands get run, gifts get purchased, and restaurants become holly and jolly. One of the problems though is once the holidays are over, the businesses can be left a little less merry and bright…
Not to worry! I have some great tips for businesses of all kinds to keep their holiday hustle and bustle well into the new year!
1. Network with other businesses
The holidays are a perfect time to get out and mingle with your fellow businesses. Support other local businesses by attending their holiday parties and events and while your there, strategize about the upcoming year! Here are a few great topics to discuss
- Ask them if they have promoting the Save Local Now platform to help the community.
- See if they would be willing to do a little deal bundling in January to keep customers coming in.
- Invite them to your own holiday parties.
- Ask them if they would mind combining email lists with you.
Follow each other on social media platforms.
2. Get to know your customers
Aside from the typical sales pitch, the holidays offer a great time to ask customers more personal questions without being too nosy. Ask them what their plans are for this special season and share some traditions of your own! You can then ask them if you might put together a custom gift package for them, or if they’d like to sign up for emails. Whether you are a retail store, a dry cleaner, or a dentist, customers will always remember a good conversation, and hopefully come back for more.
3. Hint at future savings.
A lot of people unfortunately do not always shop local on black friday and cyber monday. So why not save the blow out sales for January or February? This is especially beneficial for anyone in the service industry that offers things that might have been neglected during the holiday rush, such as an automobile repair shop. Set up events or deals on Save Local Now ahead of time so you can share them through social media and emails. Remind customers once now and again after the new year.
4. Take advantage of any slow times.
If you are finding yourself with too much free time on your hands, why not use it while you’ve got it! Here’s some things you can do:
- Poll your employees for new creative ideas you could try in the new year
- Schedule deals and events on your Save Local Now platform for future publication.
- Clean up your files, update your email lists, or even re-brand yourself!
- Rearrange the space! Nothing makes customers take a new look at you like rearranging things.
- Set goals and “resolutions” for the new year.
5. Spend time with family and friends!
I know, this has nothing to do with your business, but it’s important! And who knows it could lead to inspiration for your business as well. After all, I bet your 17 year old niece has a few words of wisdom for your company Facebook page, and your grandmother might have a great new recipe for the winter menu! If not, it’s still worth it.
Happy Holidays all!